Do you wish to know what the Medicare Advantage Plans is? Availing Original Medicare benefits is possible even with Medicare Advantage plans. In case you already have the Original Medicare, the Medicare benefits are borne by the government. In fact, Medicare Advantage plans are referred to as MA Plans or Part C. This is Medicare approved and issued by private companies.
What to know about Medicare Advantage Plans?
There are Medicare Advantage Plans of different types:
- HMO plans referred to as Health Maintenance Organization. Here you can visit health care providers, go to doctors or hospitals in the network, except in emergency or urgency. You need to get referral from specialists or doctors as primary care.
- PPO plans referred to as Preferred Provider Organization. Here you pay less on using hospitals, doctors and other providers of health care belonging to the network of this plan. Generally, you pay more outside the network.
- PFFS plans referred to as Private Fee for Service. These are identical to Original Medicare where you can visit any health care provider, doctor or hospital, provided they accept the terms of payment. This plan determines the amount to be paid to the health care providers, doctors and hospitals for the care received.
- SNPs referred to Special Needs Plans providing specialized and focused health care for specific people groups who have Medicaid and Medicare, living in nursing facilities or have chronic medical issues.
- HMOPOS plans are referred to as HMO point of service. These are plans allowing you to get out of network services for coinsurance or higher copayment.
Who can join?
There is a need to have Parts A and B Medicare and to be in the service area that the plan is available to join or to consider eligible to join. Generally, Medicare Advantage plans cannot be joined with people having end-stage renal disease relating to the failure of kidney permanently.
The cost of Medicare Advantage plans includes the premium of Part B that is paid as monthly premium. The Medicare Advantage plans feature varying costs for services and premiums that it is a must you compare plans, comprehend the costs in your area ad join the plan that benefits.
Medicare Advantage Plans covers all the Original Medicare services except hospice care. In the Medicare Advantage plans types, there is always a cover for urgent and emergency care.